Measures being taken to ensure your safety due to Covid-19
We pride ourselves on providing value for money quality accommodation, ensuring a warm welcome to every customer. Due to the current Covid-19 situation we have revised our approach to ensure your safety. We hope that this is understood and welcomed in the interests of everyone's safety. The additional measures listed below have been put in place for the safety of all our guests and staff.
- Prior to your arrival the cottage will be deep cleaned to a high standard including the extensive use of anti-bacterial cleaning products. An Electrostatic anti-bacterial fogger (see details below) is used throughout the cottage for your safety. As a result, no late check-outs or early check-ins will be available until further notice.
- Windows will be left open to encourage fresh airflow but closed prior to your arrival dependent on the time of year
- All bed linen and towels are, and will continue to be, professionally laundered.
- Check-in will be completed via a key safe. Details will be sent via email to customers prior to arrival.
- Customers are not to invite any friends or family, who are not staying in the cottages, on to The Rectory Lacock site.
- All non-essential items such as cushions, DVDs, magazines, books have been removed from the cottages to reduce the risk of contamination.
- Our welcome folder has been removed; however, a copy of our welcome folder can be emailed to you on request.
- Individually packaged Tea/Coffee/Milk and Sugar will be provided.
- All payments will be made online using our online payment system to avoid unnecessary contact.
- The NHS Track and Trace app is in operation at The Rectory Lacock. Customers requested to comply with this government requirement by checking in on the app - all instructions are provided in your cottage.
- Please retain a 2m social distance from our other guests and staff which is entirely achievable due to the layout of the premises.
- Not everyone has been offered the opportunity to be vaccinated yet. You may have had one or both vaccines however some of our younger customers, especially those with young children, are unlikely to have been fully vaccinated and will be remaining cautious to keep their family safe.
Fogging is an in-depth sanitising process which works by expelling a fine, almost invisible mist. This mist settles on all surfaces and effectively eradicates any threat or cross-contamination. The process is quick and eliminates the requirement to remove any furniture, electrical equipment or upholstery. The system has been proven to be 99.99% effective against COVID-19. This fogging solution is totally natural and environmentally friendly, having passed the BS EN 14476 A2 virucidal (deactivates or destroys viruses) evaluation and EN 1276 bacterial evaluation. Fogging keeps our customers and staff safe. It is assisting in the global fight against COVID-19 whilst remaining unharmful to the environment.
If you suspect that you may be displaying signs of the Covid-19 virus while staying in our accommodation, please inform us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01249 730335 (leave a message if we are not in). You must immediately self-isolate to minimise any risk of transmission, returning home if possible. If you cannot reasonably return home your circumstances should be discussed with an appropriate health care professional and, if necessary, the local authority. Guests should follow government guidance on dealing with possible or confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection. Once the guest has returned to their main residence, they should continue to follow the government guidance on self-isolation, household isolation and social distancing.” All guests and staff will be made aware of the situation with immediate effect. Unfortunately, if the guest cannot return home, the guest will be expected to pay for the accommodation until they are able to reasonably leave.
We hope that all of this is over cautious and that you have a comfortable and enjoyable stay in our cottages. Please rest assured that your safety is of paramount importance to us.
Helen and Wyatt